Tom Keene's New York Dietary Diary
Tom Keene reveals mouth-watering eating habits
Navigating the financial markets may be akin to rounding Cape Horn's roiling seas on an inflatable mattress at the moment. Even if it's impossible not to get a drenching, with Tom Keene's hugely entertaining financial programme, Surveillance Midday, on Bloomberg Television you can get your bearings and try to plot a course.
Older Tweed Pig readers will recall the interview we made in March with the ever dapper Tom concerning style. Some good tips. Wearing a bow tie is useful when dining for starters - it can avoid food spillages unlike wearing ties.
And talking of dining, over at the Grub Street New York web site, Tom describes his diet during a very hectic past few days, exposing tips and addresses on good eating and drinking along the way.
Food and drink the Tom Keene way - the highlights
- Signature drink - Beefeater Shaken Forever with Olives (BSFwO)
- Bars to drink BSFwOs:
- Silver Lining bar in Tribeca - an offshoot from Little Branch whose mission statement is: "We can live without cocktails, but would it be worth it?"
- Signature tomato - the kumato, a sweet tomato (Must track one down)
- Wine of the season - AIX rose
- Amaro Nonino makes for a nice digestif
Of course, with Tom's well-fitted suits, if ever he were tempted, he could really over-indulge and it would never show. A good suit hides all. Exercise or better suits - that's the choice, chaps.
Tom Keene serves as the host of "Surveillance Midday" a hub for the global Wall Street audience. Watch the program on Bloomberg Television or visit http://www.bloomberg.com/tv/shows/surveillance-midday/ for a selection of online videos and links to Tom's Facebook, Twitter and blog posts.