Francis Bown - The Ten Commandments
Francis Bown's Rules on Dress
Hello everyone. As I said, I'm in Madrid and I'm probably drinking vermouth somewhere. But, as promised, we bring you some special articles from guest Francis Bown.
Some of you may already know the name. But for those who don't, let's first introduce his rules on dress and good manners - the Bown Commandments.
Francis Bown's Ten Commandments
- Thou shalt wear bespoke.
- Thou shalt walk only in leather.
- Thou shalt wear a collar and tie.
- Thou shalt have a parting.
- Thou shalt wear cuff-links.
- Thou shalt wear braces.
- Thou shalt not wear unpolished shoes.
- Thou shalt not wear unfastened cuff buttons.
- Thou shalt not use a portable telephone in a public place.
- Thou shalt not chew gum.
What are your thoughts on the commandments? Any favourites? Do you sometimes need to take a fundamentalist stance on cuff-links to elicit change? Do you have any rules of your own?